M Pelis's informal CV (very informal and still under construction)
- PhD in Logic at the Department of Logic, Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague (2011).
- MA in Philosophy (Logic and Sociology) at Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague (2001, PhDr. 2012).
Sociology was studied as a complementary study-programme.
- Lecturer in logic, Faculty of Arts (Dpt of Logic), Charles University in Prague (from 2014, half-time position), consultant (library of Dpt of Logic)
- Associate scientist at Institute of Philosophy (Dpt of Logic), Academy of Science of the Czech Republic (from 2015, half-time position)
|Previous jobs and other skills
- Previous jobs: postdoctoral fellow, research assistant (Dpt of Logic, Institute of Philosophy, Academy of Science of the Czech Republic, 2007-14); lecturer in sociology (Dpt of Humanities, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport, Charles University in Prague, 2002-2014); technician (Computer centre, Faculty of Arts, Charles University, 2002); teacher (primary school, 1995, 2001)
- Unfinished study: Mathematics in civil engineering (Faculty of Civil Engineering, Czech Technical University, 2002-03)
- Czech Traditional Karate Federation (membership, 1993-2000); student-pilot (Aeroclub Letnany, 2003-05; OFC); Czech Society of Kinanthropology (membership, 2003-2008)
|Fields of interest in logic
- logic of questions, non-monotonic reasoning, dynamic epistemic logic, the role of language in social constructions